Welcome back to our final Fav Four of the year! Hopefully you took advantage of all the sales last month because wow there were a lot of them! That hasn’t stopped retailers from releasing new geek fashion pieces though. Here are some of our favorites this month.
- We are Riverdale Trash (Choni 4 Ever) and I still can’t believe Black Milk Clothing is doing a collection for it. Cheryl is our forever queen.
- Her Universe released a collection inspired by Mary Poppins Returns via Torrid. This penguin sweater is super cute!
- I want to steal the Rebel Alliance patch off the back of this Her Universe denim Leia jacket SO BADLY.
- So that Rose inspired piece Musterbrand teased a few months back? It’s not a jacket, it’s a shirt dress! While shirt dresses aren’t necessarily my thing, I am 1) probably going to buy it anyways and 2) excited to see Musterbrand continue to branch out from sweaters and outerwear. I hope that more dresses are in their future.
So here’s the fun thing about this outfit: it’s both Leia and Padmé inspired. The big giant purple sweater thing is based on a Leia outfit from The Last Jedi in a different color. When it finally got here, my initial thought was that it made me think of Padmé’s outfit she wears to meet with Palpatine at the start of Attack of the Clones especially once I remembered about the navy dress I had in my closet. Once I put it on, it started to feel a little more Leia so now I’m just rolling with it and embracing it as an homage to both women.
Purple Sweater: Elhoffer Design
Navy Dress: J Crew
Blue Pumps: Nine West
When I told you NYCC was very good to me on the fashion front, I wasn’t kidding. I discovered a brand new geek fashion line the very first morning called Heroes & Villains. I managed to last a few hours before doing back and buying this jacket. The best part is that it really helped take my fashion matching to the next level as I was covering the Star Wars Resistance Fireball ship set up that weekend. Even though the jacket is Leia inspired, the light blue color felt appropriate for Torra Doza. Add double buns and boom! The perfect outfit for the day.
Leia Bomber Jacket: Heroes & Villains
Rebel Alliance Ear Crawlers: Box Lunch
Khaki Pants: Express
Brown Boots: Rampage
For sizing reference, Bria is wearing a Medium in the jacket.
I want to really emphasize how special I think this Heroes & Villains brand is. This is their first collection and I couldn’t be more impressed. Their approach is more than just slapping a logo on a piece of clothing and calling it done. This first line focused on the Battle of Endor and offers a Rebel and an Imperial line. The jacket I got is inspired by Leia’s uniform that she wears beneath the poncho and the Scout Trooper jacket are the true standouts but there’s nothing I don’t appreciate about their attention to detail. One of the coolest details is how they take the symbol from the Rebel trooper helmets and incorporate it into the line along with the Rebel Starbird. Oh! And the linings on both this jacket and the purse/wallet have ewoks! How fun is that?
I honestly cannot wait to see what Heroes & Villains does next. This is definitely a brand to watch.
Also I am aware that I am incapable of parting my hair neatly in the back.
Welcome back this month’s round up of my four favorite geek fashion things that I’ve stumbled upon over the last month and that I wanted to share with all of you!
- Po-Zu announced another addition to their Star Wars line: the silver Squadron sneaker (say that five times fast)
- Dr. Facilier was one of the best parts of The Princess and the Frog and this Danielle Nicole purse is a conversation starter and fabulous
- Yep, still here 100% for everything that Musterbrand does. Their Leia Organa inspired tunic sweater is currently available for pre-order.
- Constellation jeggings? Constellation jeggings!
Get in losers, we’re going to Hoth! (How many times can I make that particular Mean Girls joke? THE LIMIT DOES NOT EXIST.)
It has felt like Hoth here recently but, conveniently enough, Her Universe released their Leia vest! Admittedly, it’s a little thinner and less substantial than I’d hoped it would be but that does help it make more versatile and wearable in spring and fall. It’s comfy and while it might be a literal piece, it’s subtle enough to get away with wearing to work which is always nice.
Hoth Vest: Her Universe
Black Sweater: Express
Empire Strikes Back Bracelet: Love and Madness
Black Pants: Max Studio
Tall Boots: Dr. Scholls
AT-AT Backpack: Amazon