Welcome back to the first Fav 4 of the year! It’s been awhile so just in case you’ve forgotten, we use this monthly post to round up our four favorite fashion pieces we’ve seen recently. In theory, they’re new releases but sometimes they’re just new to us.
- Po-Zu announced another addition to their Rey boot line. The classic mid-calf boot that she wore in The Force Awakens will be available in a shimmery silver linen. As of now, they’re being advertised as dispatching from the warehouse by April 10th but a little birdie told me that if you’re preordering them in hopes of wearing them to Star Wars Celebration, you should have them by then ;)
- In further Star Wars pieces, Fifth Sun has a huge line of shirts and sweatshirts inspired by Star Wars Resistance. Unfortunately, they appear to only be available in kids sizes right now but I adore some of the designs they came up with and am currently trying to convince myself that I don’t need another sweatshirt….
- Her Universe released their Captain Marvel line last week just in time for the movie next month! My favorite piece is the romper pictured above.
- Box Lunch is showing Hufflepuffs some love with this adorable and subtly designed clutch. It’s part of a larger horocrux inspired bag collection but this one definitely stood out. Were I member of that House, I’d definitely be all over this.
It’s time for this month Fav 4 and (waitforit) everything isn’t actually Star Wars for once! (Gasp! Shock!) Don’t worry: there’s at least one Star Wars thing in here.
- It’s entirely possible we talked about this awesome Rebel Jacket from Musterbrand before but now it’s finally available for preorder and will be shipping soon! Even better? It’s double sided and can let you more subtly rep for the Rebellion with grey. We’d like to note that the orange/grey color scheme makes it ideal for Rogue Squadron and Wraith Squadron fans. ;)
- The most oft repeated question heard around the internet after that Wreck-It Ralph footage was ‘Can we buy the princesses’ sleepwear?!’ Well now you can! Or at least some of them. I’m still holding on to hope for Mulan’s jacket.
- Doctor Who returned a few weeks ago and we’re already in love with Thirteen. Her Universe has been putting forth a bunch of designs inspired by the new Doctor but we particularly like this raglan which pays homage to her actual shirt but adds a twist to it.
- Someone tell us we can’t order this gorgeous Harry Potter inspired kimono from Black Milk Clothing. Because we wants it. But have no place to wear it. But it’s so pretty!
Weather’s cooling down which means that it’s sweatshirt season! I finally have a reason to swear this Slytherin one I impulse bought from Black Milk a few months ago on sale. Even more importantly, I have a chance to wear my brand new skirt from Prophecy Girl!
If you’re considering picking up one of Prophecy Girl’s skirts, I cannot recommend them enough. the fabric has a good weight to it and they swoosh nicely. Plus, it’s a fun print and invokes each Hogwarts House without hitting you over the head with it. Their sizing chart is accurate and I am wearing a small here.
Another month, another chance for us to post some of our favorite geek fashion finds from the last few weeks!
- Black Milk Clothing released their first Star Wars inspired collection in years. There are a few really neat pieces in there.
- Musterbrand continues to deliver with a really comfy looking Jedi inspired cardigan for men although it’s honestly tempting to get one myself now that fall is here.
- Continuing with menswear, ASOS has this very different and more geekily subtle Star Wars shirt available.
- Prophecy Girl recently branched out into skirts and dresses! Pictured here is one inspired by Luna Lovegood but she also has skirts appropriate for each of the Hogwarts Houses. You may see one make a cameo here some time soon… ;)
It’s been a while since we’ve done a mini round up of some of the new fangirl fashion items out there but hey! There’s no time like the present, right?
First up, we’ve got some cute new Star Wars designs from Her Universe! Announced over on the official site, these designs will be exclusive to the Disney Parks. You can see two dresses and another cardigan cut along the lines of their fabulous Grand Moff/X-Wing cardigans released at Celebration last year. If t-shirts are more your thing, there will also be a high-low hem, galactic print Rogue One shirt available. Ashley Eckstein says they’re working on another dress and a shirt that will round out the Rogue One collection for the parks.
Catherine Elhoffer keeps on making awesome things happen and she’s diving right in to sweaters. Over at her Etsy shop, you can currently preorder a bunch of fantastic new designs. For Harry Potter fans, House sweaters are available with both the House mascot on the front and in a vintage argyle design for a cardigan. Marvel fans can also get sweaters inspired by Captain Marvel, Silk, and Spider-Gwen. All of the cardigans share the same style/fit as the Black Widow one we previously mentioned. Finally, Hamilton fans can preorder the Bluecoat tunic!
Shifting back to Star Wars, more Rogue One merchandise is popping up. It looks like we’ll finally be getting some more Rebel Alliance related merch that’s not in that bright, bright flightsuit orange. Above is just a selection of some of the available products from Bioware. They’ll be released on November 30th.
Thank you to The Wookiee Gunner for the heads up!
Are there any must have for you amongst these new items? Or have you found something super cool that we haven’t seen yet? Tell us in the comments!