So here’s the fun thing about this outfit: it’s both Leia and Padmé inspired. The big giant purple sweater thing is based on a Leia outfit from The Last Jedi in a different color. When it finally got here, my initial thought was that it made me think of Padmé’s outfit she wears to meet with Palpatine at the start of Attack of the Clones especially once I remembered about the navy dress I had in my closet. Once I put it on, it started to feel a little more Leia so now I’m just rolling with it and embracing it as an homage to both women.
Purple Sweater: Elhoffer Design
Navy Dress: J Crew
Blue Pumps: Nine West
One of the things that I wanted to do when I decided to bring White Hot Room back was to try and feature more outfits that I could actually wear to work. Granted, I do work somewhere with a relatively casual dress code but it’s made it a fun challenge. This particular outfit? I drove home from work, put a little bit of make up on, and then went outside to take pictures.
Bromance Cardigan: Elhoffer Design
Black Shirt: H&M
Black Pants: Max Jeans
Tall Boots: Dr. Scholl’s
The Last Jedi Purse: Dooney & Bourke for Disney
I know, you’re shocked: it’s Bria doing a Black Widow outfit and not Lin but it had to happen eventually! But hey: when you get a cute new cardigan and you wear it as a part of your work outfit on a day when it’s really nice, taking pictures for a geek fashion blog seems mandatory.
Bonus: I was reading Black Widow: Red Vengeance on the metro on the day I wore this to work and it was COMPLETELY BY ACCIDENT
Black Widow Cardigan: Elhoffer Design
Red Dress: J. Crew
Star Earrings: Henri Bendel
Nude Heels: BCBG
It’s been a while since we’ve done a round up of some of the fashion finds that we’ve stumbled upon around the internet so this seemed like a good time to do so.
- ThinkGeek will be debuting a brand new Star Trek collection by Her Universe on Tuesday. Expect the collection to be a little different than what we’ve previously seen. Ashley’s already teased an adorable blazer. You can enter at the link above for the chance to win a $300 gift certificate to ThinkGeek
- In further ThinkGeek news, you can preorder items from the Mass Effect Capsule Collection now for delivery in mid-December. Bioware has consistently put out some awesome stuff for Mass Effect and this collection is no different. (I may have already preordered two pieces.)
- Her Universe has also now partnered with Mod Cloth! You can now buy skirt versions of their Hoth and Bespin dresses. The cut/style seems to be similar to the lightsaber skirt except shorter.
- Hamilton fans can now preorder a Elhoffer Design cardigan! Heads up though: this will likely ship in early January.
- Kohl’s is getting into the Rogue One spirit. So far, they have a super cute tank top available online but we’ve seen pictures from a few stores of a nice little line that will likely appeal to a lot of fan girls. Keep an eye on both your local stores and the online stores for the line.
- Hot Topic now has a new Rogue One wallet from Loungefly available online.
It’s been a while since we’ve done a mini round up of some of the new fangirl fashion items out there but hey! There’s no time like the present, right?
First up, we’ve got some cute new Star Wars designs from Her Universe! Announced over on the official site, these designs will be exclusive to the Disney Parks. You can see two dresses and another cardigan cut along the lines of their fabulous Grand Moff/X-Wing cardigans released at Celebration last year. If t-shirts are more your thing, there will also be a high-low hem, galactic print Rogue One shirt available. Ashley Eckstein says they’re working on another dress and a shirt that will round out the Rogue One collection for the parks.
Catherine Elhoffer keeps on making awesome things happen and she’s diving right in to sweaters. Over at her Etsy shop, you can currently preorder a bunch of fantastic new designs. For Harry Potter fans, House sweaters are available with both the House mascot on the front and in a vintage argyle design for a cardigan. Marvel fans can also get sweaters inspired by Captain Marvel, Silk, and Spider-Gwen. All of the cardigans share the same style/fit as the Black Widow one we previously mentioned. Finally, Hamilton fans can preorder the Bluecoat tunic!
Shifting back to Star Wars, more Rogue One merchandise is popping up. It looks like we’ll finally be getting some more Rebel Alliance related merch that’s not in that bright, bright flightsuit orange. Above is just a selection of some of the available products from Bioware. They’ll be released on November 30th.
Thank you to The Wookiee Gunner for the heads up!
Are there any must have for you amongst these new items? Or have you found something super cool that we haven’t seen yet? Tell us in the comments!