Welcome back to another edition of Fav 4: four of our favorite geek fashion pieces that we’ve seen this month. Shocker: it’s Captain Marvel themed. Totally by accident though. Yeah, we can tell you that you totally believe us.
- In a blink-and-you-miss-them release, Adidas did a collaboration with Jen Bartel for a pair of fantastic Captain Marvel inspired sneakers. They are only available at Foot Locker and sold out almost instantly although we’ve heard talk of potential restock in the future.
- Kohl’s also released a whole slew of Captain Marvel inspired shirts for kids and adults alike. A standout is this t-shirt with the Hala star on it.
- You’ve probably seen Hero Within’s Carol Danvers Flight Jacket but we’re making sure you see it again because reasons.
- Carol wore a Nine Inch Nails t-shirt through much of the film and while you can get that shirt, why not go for the special collab one? (Seriously, who ever saw that coming?)
New York Comic Con was very good to me on the fashion front this year. First and foremost because I was able to get this amazing Black Panther from Hero Within that I’ve been lusting after since I first saw them debut it as an exclusive for SDCC. Seriously, I was so excited when I realized they had the dress at NYCC and was even more thrilled when it fit me. It’s not only work appropriate but it also has pockets!
Black Panther Dress: Hero Within
Panther Claw Earrings: Rock Love Jewelry
Bracelet: Nine West
Black Patent Pumps: Coach
For sizing purposes, Bria is wearing a small and is about 5’6″-5’7″.
Ever since I bought my first piece, one of my favorite days is a day when a package from Musterbrand is waiting for me at home. I’ve been very impatiently waiting to get my hands on a Musterbrand Marvel piece ever since they announced those designs were in the future and they definitely didn’t disappoint. Even though I’m more a black person than dark blue, this cardigan inspired by the Wasp immediately called to me. (As you may know… we stan hard for The Wasp around here.)
Wasp Cardigan: Musterbrand
Red Top: Calvin Klein
Grey Pants: Uniqlo
Grey Pumps: Nine West
For sizing reference, Bria is wearing a Size Small.
Welcome back to a special San Diego Comic-Con edition of our monthly Fav 4 and because SDCC was this weekend, I’m including 5 different collections. Listen, I can make whatever rules I want. There’s some really cool stuff in here so why limit us to four?
- Hero Within debuted a new Marvel collection along with some SDCC exclusive designs. I’m swooning over the Black Panther dress.
- Her Universe held their annual fashion show at SDCC. Kay over at Fangirl Blog has a great write up of it. There are some really neat designs.
- In further Her Universe news, they also launched a collection inspired by The Clone Wars, a Captain Marvel jacket, and some Doctor Who pieces. Some are already available online. I’m going to go mad if I can’t get my hands on the Padmé jacket soon.
- The winners of last year’s Her Universe fashion show designed a new Disney Princess collection. I’m strongly considering getting the Mulan vest.
- Finally, in non-SDCC news, Musterbrand has put up their Avengers inspired collection for preorder. I would like to buy almost all of it.
Sometimes, I get really bored in a meeting, stumble across a sale, and then buy a dress that’s not really my style but looks really comfortable. And then I buy it.
Time Stone Dress: Her Universe
Black Boots: Dr. Martens