Welcome back to another edition of Fav 4: four of our favorite geek fashion pieces that we’ve seen this month. Shocker: it’s Captain Marvel themed. Totally by accident though. Yeah, we can tell you that you totally believe us.
- In a blink-and-you-miss-them release, Adidas did a collaboration with Jen Bartel for a pair of fantastic Captain Marvel inspired sneakers. They are only available at Foot Locker and sold out almost instantly although we’ve heard talk of potential restock in the future.
- Kohl’s also released a whole slew of Captain Marvel inspired shirts for kids and adults alike. A standout is this t-shirt with the Hala star on it.
- You’ve probably seen Hero Within’s Carol Danvers Flight Jacket but we’re making sure you see it again because reasons.
- Carol wore a Nine Inch Nails t-shirt through much of the film and while you can get that shirt, why not go for the special collab one? (Seriously, who ever saw that coming?)
Just when you all thought I was an unrepentant dark side… SURPRISE IT’S A LIGHT SIDE OUTFIT!
As some of you might remember, I did an outfit with a dark side dress from Black Milk Clothing back in the fall. Handily enough, that dress was reversible and is essentially two-in-one and I honestly cannot decide which side I like better. Both prints were so incredibly well thought out.
Rebel Dress: Black Milk Clothing
Grey Cardigan: BCBG
X-wing necklace: ThinkGeek
Star Earrings: Coach
Blue Snakeskin Pumps: Nine West
HAPPY PADMÉ DAY!!! If you somehow didn’t know, Queen’s Shadow by E.K. Johnston is out today and stars Padmé and her incredible handmaidens and it is SO VERY GOOD! (I have a lot of feels about all of those women.) Please go buy yourself a copy and read it. Trust me, you won’t regret it.
Anyways, I’ve had this gorgeous scarf from Prophecy Girl for ages and today feels like the right day for an outfit featuring it. This! Is! Padmé! Week!
Padmé Scarf: Prophecy Girl
White Shirt: J. Crew Mercantile
Denim Skirt: Express
Star Ear Crawler: EarCharms on Etsy
Floral Sneakers: Converse
People sometimes ask me why I switched my allegiance to the dark side when it comes to Star Wars (which is only sort of true because I love characters on both sides). If I had to give an honest answer… it’s because the Empire and First Order’s colors are way more my thing than the orange and olive of the rebels. Black just goes with everything and when you toss in some dark red… *chef kiss*
I’ve been wanting to put together an outfit around this Death Star inspired scarf from Prophecy Girl for a while and today was finally the day. I’m a huge fan of this piece as it’s both stylish and comfy. Also! It comes in both black/white and black/red. What’s not to love?
Welcome back to the first Fav 4 of the year! It’s been awhile so just in case you’ve forgotten, we use this monthly post to round up our four favorite fashion pieces we’ve seen recently. In theory, they’re new releases but sometimes they’re just new to us.
- Po-Zu announced another addition to their Rey boot line. The classic mid-calf boot that she wore in The Force Awakens will be available in a shimmery silver linen. As of now, they’re being advertised as dispatching from the warehouse by April 10th but a little birdie told me that if you’re preordering them in hopes of wearing them to Star Wars Celebration, you should have them by then ;)
- In further Star Wars pieces, Fifth Sun has a huge line of shirts and sweatshirts inspired by Star Wars Resistance. Unfortunately, they appear to only be available in kids sizes right now but I adore some of the designs they came up with and am currently trying to convince myself that I don’t need another sweatshirt….
- Her Universe released their Captain Marvel line last week just in time for the movie next month! My favorite piece is the romper pictured above.
- Box Lunch is showing Hufflepuffs some love with this adorable and subtly designed clutch. It’s part of a larger horocrux inspired bag collection but this one definitely stood out. Were I member of that House, I’d definitely be all over this.