I think I’ve finally reached the point in my cosplay career where I can’t stop and won’t stop making new Mara Jade costumes. I made this latest version of her Emperor’s Hand look for Awesome Con back in June. I had the chance to join some of my fellow members of the 501st for a photoshoot the other week, I wasn’t entirely sure what to wear until a friend suggested that I bring Mara because THE EMPEROR’S HAND AND THE HAND OF JUDGMENT.
We may not have managed to get the precise line up for the Hand of Judgment (we needed a scout trooper) but I was just so tickled that we had 5 stormtroopers present as was my friend Brian who was just as gungho about getting these shots as me.
Made Jade: Bria
Stormtroopers: Brian, Heather, Phil, Chris, and Ken
While the Imperial Security Bureau Officer costume might not be the most exciting costume I’ve ever done, it’s an incredibly meaningful one for me as it’s the costume that finally got me admitted to the Garrison Tyranus of the 501st. Becoming an official part of my Garrison is something that I’ve been wanting for over a year now and I’m thrilled to finally be ID-27342.
Two days before I was approved, I was lucky enough to take part in an AWESOME photoshoot with the 501st. The incredible Haythem Lafhaj spent a few hours with us in a professional studio which gave us the opportunity to get not only some amazing pictures of our costumes but also to have a ton of fun. (You should absolutely check out his Instagram too.) You will also definitely be seeing more pictures from the shoot over the coming weeks.
ISB Officer: Bria
Other ISB Officer: Anne
As mentioned in our Fashion Finds Round up post yesterday, Her Universe debuted a brand new Star Trek line for ThinkGeek at noon today! There’s a heck of a lot to like and we’ve put some of our favorites below. It’s awesome seeing Ashley dive into workwear that will be professionally acceptable at most offices.
You can shop the collection and see how they styled a lot of the pieces over at ThinkGeek.com. Do you have any stand out favorites?
It’s been a while since we’ve done a round up of some of the fashion finds that we’ve stumbled upon around the internet so this seemed like a good time to do so.
- ThinkGeek will be debuting a brand new Star Trek collection by Her Universe on Tuesday. Expect the collection to be a little different than what we’ve previously seen. Ashley’s already teased an adorable blazer. You can enter at the link above for the chance to win a $300 gift certificate to ThinkGeek
- In further ThinkGeek news, you can preorder items from the Mass Effect Capsule Collection now for delivery in mid-December. Bioware has consistently put out some awesome stuff for Mass Effect and this collection is no different. (I may have already preordered two pieces.)
- Her Universe has also now partnered with Mod Cloth! You can now buy skirt versions of their Hoth and Bespin dresses. The cut/style seems to be similar to the lightsaber skirt except shorter.
- Hamilton fans can now preorder a Elhoffer Design cardigan! Heads up though: this will likely ship in early January.
- Kohl’s is getting into the Rogue One spirit. So far, they have a super cute tank top available online but we’ve seen pictures from a few stores of a nice little line that will likely appeal to a lot of fan girls. Keep an eye on both your local stores and the online stores for the line.
- Hot Topic now has a new Rogue One wallet from Loungefly available online.
Happy N7 Day! If you follow my Twitter account, you know that I’ve fallen fast and hard for Mass Effect. Given what a fan I am of Knights of the Old Republic, I’ve known for ages that I’d likely dig these games but never had a gaming system to play them on… or at least I didn’t until this spring. And now I’m an addict. When I die from the Mass Effect 3 feels, just shoot my body into space from the Normandy. It’s fine, everything’s fine.
N7 Cardigan: Bioware/ThinkGeek
Red Shirt: Express
Stripe Leggings: Express
Silver Studs: Henri Bendel
Combat Boots: Macy’s
Thank you to Heather over at Zhobot for the pictures!
By the way, I am IN LOVE with this cardigan. It’s excellent quality and incredibly comfortable. The N7 bit on the chest is embroidered on and even the buttons have the N7 detail on them. Oh and it has pockets! 10/10, would highly recommend.