Get your smokey eye game on point because we’re serving up some Bucky Barnes style — a run through the comic book ages from his vintage military blues to modern, all-americana. And if you’re still coveting those goshdarn gun tights? Well, we’ve got them served up with a smile.
Welcome to us joyously counting down the days until Captain America: The Winter Soldier lands in theatres for real and for sure. We’ll be saluting the various leads for Captain America Week, so kick back, relax, and get your stars&stripes ready because we’re leaving no man behind.
We might have taken off a week for our summer vacation and to celebrate our respective countries but that doesn’t mean we were blind to the world of geek fashion! Here are a few things that caught our eye over the past week or so that we thought you might appreciate:
- Somewhere out there, you can buy a Marvel comics printed dress that has Hawkeye’s face placed… shall we say… appropriately for a Hawkblocked moment. UPDATE: The dress is available through Wet Seal.
- Someone spotted this girl at a convention with an AWESOME Marauder’s Map dress. How cute is that?
- So it’s only a design for now, but wouldn’t it be amazing if you could buy this Winter Soldier hoodie designed by prathik over on DeviantArt?
- However, you can now buy Adventure Time themed leggings from WeLoveFine! They have three designs that feature Lumpy Space Princess, Gunter, and Lady Rainicorn and they are all very reasonably priced at $26.50.
- The Her Universe Rogue Squadron tanktop (featuring a pilot helmet hood!) is now up on ThinkGeek for $29.99. It would be the perfect compliment to the Rogue Squadron dress in your wardrobe. ;)
- Speaking of Her Universe, it looks like they’ve come up with two different Darth Vader designs for dresses. One is the a-line style that will premiere at Celebration Europe while the other is another sheath dress that looks to be available exclusively through Hot Topic.
- And if you’re lucky enough to be headed out to San Diego Comic Con this year, maybe check out the Her Universe Panel on Saturday: “Her Universe: Geek Girl Fashion: A Dialogue Between Fashion Professionals and Fans”! (via ClubJade)
- And finally, there is a special exhibit currently running at the Seattle Art Museum called ‘Future Beauty: 30 Years of Japanese Fashion’. It runs from June 27th through September 8th and features the innovative designs by Japanese designers. While you can’t see pictures of the entire collection, there are several on their site and, as someone pointed out to me, some of them feature designs that wouldn’t look out of place on the Handmaidens of Naboo from the Prequel Trilogy of Star Wars.
On a completely different note, we are slowly edging towards some landmark follower numbers over on our tumblr, Twitter, and Facebook page (<—Links in the side bar) and we’re thinking about doing something ~cool~ when we reach those so if you haven’t already, give us a like or a follow over on our social media! We don’t always post the same things to each site, especially Twitter. ;)
“Nothin’ but a smile!”
“And a Tommy gun.”
“But what a smile!”
Who’s got two thumbs and totally psyched about Winter Soldier getting his big screen debut? This guy. And what better way to internet high five this than a Bucky Barnes sartorial mashup.
It actually began as a cheery Captain America inspo outfit, édition: été, that came to a snow flurried halt as spring once again became an ephemeral dream. But that’s okay, I’ve got enough wool blazers to clothe a small nation. Winter edition flip side, we get an added faux fur stole, a (gold) star insignia, and my sad attempt at serious face.
Winter? Ha. Winter is easy.
Split Colour Blazer: Zara
Animal Print Top: McQ by Alexander McQueen
Blue Chiffon Skirt: American Apparel
Bow Belt, Faux Fur Stole: Yesstyle
“Joelle” Boots: Alexander Wang
Cat Ear Beret, Gun Print Nylons, Asuka Pins: Ebay
Gold Star “i tried” Pin: Powdered Pretty