Ever since I bought my first piece, one of my favorite days is a day when a package from Musterbrand is waiting for me at home. I’ve been very impatiently waiting to get my hands on a Musterbrand Marvel piece ever since they announced those designs were in the future and they definitely didn’t disappoint. Even though I’m more a black person than dark blue, this cardigan inspired by the Wasp immediately called to me. (As you may know… we stan hard for The Wasp around here.)
Wasp Cardigan: Musterbrand
Red Top: Calvin Klein
Grey Pants: Uniqlo
Grey Pumps: Nine West
For sizing reference, Bria is wearing a Size Small.
Welcome back to a special San Diego Comic-Con edition of our monthly Fav 4 and because SDCC was this weekend, I’m including 5 different collections. Listen, I can make whatever rules I want. There’s some really cool stuff in here so why limit us to four?
- Hero Within debuted a new Marvel collection along with some SDCC exclusive designs. I’m swooning over the Black Panther dress.
- Her Universe held their annual fashion show at SDCC. Kay over at Fangirl Blog has a great write up of it. There are some really neat designs.
- In further Her Universe news, they also launched a collection inspired by The Clone Wars, a Captain Marvel jacket, and some Doctor Who pieces. Some are already available online. I’m going to go mad if I can’t get my hands on the Padmé jacket soon.
- The winners of last year’s Her Universe fashion show designed a new Disney Princess collection. I’m strongly considering getting the Mulan vest.
- Finally, in non-SDCC news, Musterbrand has put up their Avengers inspired collection for preorder. I would like to buy almost all of it.
It’s been a while since we’ve featured a new Black Milk Clothing but we thought that this latest Marvel: New York Collection was worth mentioning. Personally, I’m especially interested in the Sanctum Santorum leggings and the Black Panther hoodie. I also think it’s great to see female Avengers like Wasp and Black Widow featured and what a crazy, awesome world we live in to see a character like Squirrel Girl on fashion pieces like these.
Haters to the left, so far to the left we can’t even know you. That’s right, we’ll take a stand for Ant-Man and its cinematic legacy, and we will do it with flair and without a care. A little bit like the Janet van Dyne we know and love, actually, and her powersuit highstylin’ daughter — classic colours, and the modern new.
Things to do on a beautiful summer day:
- Round up a couple dozen of your nearest and dearest.
- Get some super bright George Pérez-era spandex going.
- Pretend to beat the crap out of each other.
I wouldn’t have it any other way.
There’s probably not enough ~heart hands~ to describe just how much Dragon*Con is a totally gross group hug for us, and the ways in which the Superhero Costuming Forum is a bit like coming home. So when I got tapped to suit up as Wasp for their JLA vs Avengers photoshoot that was being organised in honour of George Pérez, how could I say no to my fave gang of costuming misfits? Afterall, there’s a lot of Janet van Dyne’s leading lady that lives inside my flippant fashion heart.
So consider this a jumping high five to the organisers and everybody who fought the good fight, and the amazing photographers and videogaphers that documented us going at it hard like a bunch of nerds.