So here’s the fun thing about this outfit: it’s both Leia and Padmé inspired. The big giant purple sweater thing is based on a Leia outfit from The Last Jedi in a different color. When it finally got here, my initial thought was that it made me think of Padmé’s outfit she wears to meet with Palpatine at the start of Attack of the Clones especially once I remembered about the navy dress I had in my closet. Once I put it on, it started to feel a little more Leia so now I’m just rolling with it and embracing it as an homage to both women.
Purple Sweater: Elhoffer Design
Navy Dress: J Crew
Blue Pumps: Nine West
When I told you NYCC was very good to me on the fashion front, I wasn’t kidding. I discovered a brand new geek fashion line the very first morning called Heroes & Villains. I managed to last a few hours before doing back and buying this jacket. The best part is that it really helped take my fashion matching to the next level as I was covering the Star Wars Resistance Fireball ship set up that weekend. Even though the jacket is Leia inspired, the light blue color felt appropriate for Torra Doza. Add double buns and boom! The perfect outfit for the day.
Leia Bomber Jacket: Heroes & Villains
Rebel Alliance Ear Crawlers: Box Lunch
Khaki Pants: Express
Brown Boots: Rampage
For sizing reference, Bria is wearing a Medium in the jacket.
I want to really emphasize how special I think this Heroes & Villains brand is. This is their first collection and I couldn’t be more impressed. Their approach is more than just slapping a logo on a piece of clothing and calling it done. This first line focused on the Battle of Endor and offers a Rebel and an Imperial line. The jacket I got is inspired by Leia’s uniform that she wears beneath the poncho and the Scout Trooper jacket are the true standouts but there’s nothing I don’t appreciate about their attention to detail. One of the coolest details is how they take the symbol from the Rebel trooper helmets and incorporate it into the line along with the Rebel Starbird. Oh! And the linings on both this jacket and the purse/wallet have ewoks! How fun is that?
I honestly cannot wait to see what Heroes & Villains does next. This is definitely a brand to watch.
Also I am aware that I am incapable of parting my hair neatly in the back.
It’s time for this month Fav 4 and (waitforit) everything isn’t actually Star Wars for once! (Gasp! Shock!) Don’t worry: there’s at least one Star Wars thing in here.
- It’s entirely possible we talked about this awesome Rebel Jacket from Musterbrand before but now it’s finally available for preorder and will be shipping soon! Even better? It’s double sided and can let you more subtly rep for the Rebellion with grey. We’d like to note that the orange/grey color scheme makes it ideal for Rogue Squadron and Wraith Squadron fans. ;)
- The most oft repeated question heard around the internet after that Wreck-It Ralph footage was ‘Can we buy the princesses’ sleepwear?!’ Well now you can! Or at least some of them. I’m still holding on to hope for Mulan’s jacket.
- Doctor Who returned a few weeks ago and we’re already in love with Thirteen. Her Universe has been putting forth a bunch of designs inspired by the new Doctor but we particularly like this raglan which pays homage to her actual shirt but adds a twist to it.
- Someone tell us we can’t order this gorgeous Harry Potter inspired kimono from Black Milk Clothing. Because we wants it. But have no place to wear it. But it’s so pretty!
Another month, another chance for us to post some of our favorite geek fashion finds from the last few weeks!
- Black Milk Clothing released their first Star Wars inspired collection in years. There are a few really neat pieces in there.
- Musterbrand continues to deliver with a really comfy looking Jedi inspired cardigan for men although it’s honestly tempting to get one myself now that fall is here.
- Continuing with menswear, ASOS has this very different and more geekily subtle Star Wars shirt available.
- Prophecy Girl recently branched out into skirts and dresses! Pictured here is one inspired by Luna Lovegood but she also has skirts appropriate for each of the Hogwarts Houses. You may see one make a cameo here some time soon… ;)
You know the drill: sometimes I stress out and make a Star Wars dress. I have a problem, I know. This was last year’s stress relief. I regret nothing because it’s comfy.
Oh and also it has pockets.
Stormtrooper Dress: Custom
Imperial Necklace/Earrings: Box Lunch
Stormtrooper Purse: Sent from Mars
Black Heels: Ralph Lauren