Han Solo but make it fashion? Or something like that.
Anyways go see Solo tonight! It was fun!
It’s a good month to be a geek! We’ve already gotten Avengers: Infinity War (okay, technically it came out last month), Deadpool 2 is this week, and Solo is next week! And with new film releases, come lots of new geek fashion products. Which works for us.
- It’s honestly taking everything I have not to order Musterbrand’s new Sith Apprentice cardigan in red. I love the black one that I have SO MUCH.
- We already tweeted about it but Po-Zu’s latest addition to their Star Wars line is a Luke Skywalker replica boot that can be worn two ways.
- I really want these Black Panther socks from Stance. Why must my feet be too small?!
- I’ve been a little iffy on ThinkGeek’s blazers but I have to admit that this Chewbacca one for men is actually pretty good. It’s the use of the bandoleer that works for me
I’m just going to buy all the pilot things. All of them. I may have a love affair with the First Order but x-wing pilots will always be my first love. And Musterbrand very conveniently keeps releasing more pieces inspired by them. RIP my wallet.
Pilot Sweater: Musterbrand
Galaxy Leggings: Black Milk
Necklace/Earrings: Nine West
Star Boots: The Fix/Amazon
This grey sweater continues in the grand Musterbrand tradition of putting forth nerdy items of clothing that don’t hit you in the face with how obviously nerdy they are. Honestly, that’s why I love them so much. They take inspiration from but do not copy the things you see on screen. The sweater pays homage to the flak vest worn by rebel pilots without copying and honestly, grey is a far easier color for me to wear than white. In my previous post about the Vader cape, I noted that the location of the rivet meant my hair got caught in it frequently. Thankfully, it’s placed on the side for this piece so that’s not an issue. At the same time though, I’m not entirely sure I love it there either? The sweater material is fairly thin and the rivet is definitely a lot heavier, feels a little odd there. Admittedly, this is a piece that I’m still working out the best way to style and the tie in the back did take a little trial and error but overall, I think I rather like it. It’s going to be a pretty versatile piece that I think will end up working for just about any season but summer.
(As a note, this tunic does fit a little looser so if you like things tighter, order a size down.)
Every time I think I have a favorite Musterbrand piece, another new one enters my life. I will forever love my x-wing cape and shoes but this cardigan… this Kylo Ren inspired cardigan is where it’s at. It has thumb holes!!! (Someone please tell me I’m not allowed to buy it in red.)
Sith Apprentice Cardigan: Musterbrand
Imperial Tunic: Kohl’s
TIE Earrings: Box Lunch
Star Boots: The Fix/Amazon
What I love most about this cardigan is how it feels effortlessly stylish. I can toss it on with just about anything and feel good, comfortable and also warm. (Something that’s key in the office.) Also, it definitely flows behind me when I walk down the hallway which makes it almost as good as a cape. Part of what really makes this cardigan great though doesn’t show up in my pictures terribly well but it’s the variety of textures going on. It elevates what could have been a nice cut yet sorta boring piece to something far more special. This is one of those items of clothing that both nerds and non-nerds will appreciate. (Source: Lots of compliments from my assorted coworkers, including my boss, and more than a few compliments over the couple of hours I wore this to Awesome Con for one of my panels.) I’ve had this cardigan for a month now and I can honestly say it’s one of the pieces I reach for the most. If you’re even casually considering buying this piece… do it. Trust me. It’s great.
Disclaimer: Musterbrand provided the Kylo cardigan but only requested honest feedback and did not ask for a positive review in return.
Welcome back this month’s round up of my four favorite geek fashion things that I’ve stumbled upon over the last month and that I wanted to share with all of you!
- There seems to be no end in sight for Po-Zu’s Star Wars offerings. While I am fond of the Han Solo sneaker they recently announced, my favorite has to be this new Rey inspired boot.
- Everyone should strive to have as much style as Lando. ThinkGeek’s new replica cape is A++.
- Her Universe continues to expand their active wear offerings with these Infinity War inspired leggings at Torrid.
- Finally, Prophecy Girl has expanded into scarves! My favorite just might be this Padmé inspired print. It’s subtle but one you look at it more closely, you see all of the elements.