HAPPY PADMÉ DAY!!! If you somehow didn’t know, Queen’s Shadow by E.K. Johnston is out today and stars Padmé and her incredible handmaidens and it is SO VERY GOOD! (I have a lot of feels about all of those women.) Please go buy yourself a copy and read it. Trust me, you won’t regret it.
Anyways, I’ve had this gorgeous scarf from Prophecy Girl for ages and today feels like the right day for an outfit featuring it. This! Is! Padmé! Week!
Padmé Scarf: Prophecy Girl
White Shirt: J. Crew Mercantile
Denim Skirt: Express
Star Ear Crawler: EarCharms on Etsy
Floral Sneakers: Converse
People sometimes ask me why I switched my allegiance to the dark side when it comes to Star Wars (which is only sort of true because I love characters on both sides). If I had to give an honest answer… it’s because the Empire and First Order’s colors are way more my thing than the orange and olive of the rebels. Black just goes with everything and when you toss in some dark red… *chef kiss*
I’ve been wanting to put together an outfit around this Death Star inspired scarf from Prophecy Girl for a while and today was finally the day. I’m a huge fan of this piece as it’s both stylish and comfy. Also! It comes in both black/white and black/red. What’s not to love?
It’s that time of year again: sales. Lots and lots of sales. A lot of these are ones you really shouldn’t let pass you by and the chances of me purchasing something from most of these retailers is very, very high. (I can neither confirm nor deny that I’ve already pounced on at least one these deals. Possibly more.)
- Prophecy Girl, aka my favorite small geek fashion company, is currently offering 50% off your purchase of £10 or more with the code ‘BFCM18‘. I have their Itsa Kinda skirt, their Galactic Spy shirt, and several of their scarves and pins and love them all! Please check them out!
- Musterbrand probably needs no introduction at this point but you should probably take advantage of their up to 50% off Black Sale. This includes their Sith Apprentice cardigan, Vader sweater cape, and black Rey sweater. If you’re getting just one piece, my favorite is the Sith Apprentice cardigan. I’m tempted to get another except the Rey sweater in Black is staring me down and so is the Black Panther cardigan. They’re also offering 20% off your regularly priced purchase with the code ‘THANKS20’.
- Po-Zu is currently offer 40% off your entire purchase which is huge. Just use the code ‘BETHECHANGE‘ at check out through November 30th. If you’ve been waiting to get a pair of their Star Wars shoes, now is the time. I have their Falcon sneakers and Rey boots and love both.
- Her Universe is offering $12 tees, outerwear starting at $20, and 30% off everything else.
- HeroWithin has also hinted that they’ll be debuting some new pieces soon.
Disclaimers: The Po-Zu link included in this post is an affiliate link. It is not mine but rather that of my friend Kay who is wonderful and does some amazing work in the Geek Fashion realm. If you make a purchase through that link, she gets a small commission at no cost to you. Also, Musterbrand has previously provided me with some of their pieces but did not ask for a favorable review in return, just honest feedback. Two of those pieces are mentioned here.
Weather’s cooling down which means that it’s sweatshirt season! I finally have a reason to swear this Slytherin one I impulse bought from Black Milk a few months ago on sale. Even more importantly, I have a chance to wear my brand new skirt from Prophecy Girl!
If you’re considering picking up one of Prophecy Girl’s skirts, I cannot recommend them enough. the fabric has a good weight to it and they swoosh nicely. Plus, it’s a fun print and invokes each Hogwarts House without hitting you over the head with it. Their sizing chart is accurate and I am wearing a small here.
Another month, another chance for us to post some of our favorite geek fashion finds from the last few weeks!
- Black Milk Clothing released their first Star Wars inspired collection in years. There are a few really neat pieces in there.
- Musterbrand continues to deliver with a really comfy looking Jedi inspired cardigan for men although it’s honestly tempting to get one myself now that fall is here.
- Continuing with menswear, ASOS has this very different and more geekily subtle Star Wars shirt available.
- Prophecy Girl recently branched out into skirts and dresses! Pictured here is one inspired by Luna Lovegood but she also has skirts appropriate for each of the Hogwarts Houses. You may see one make a cameo here some time soon… ;)