It’s that time of year again: sales. Lots and lots of sales. A lot of these are ones you really shouldn’t let pass you by and the chances of me purchasing something from most of these retailers is very, very high. (I can neither confirm nor deny that I’ve already pounced on at least one these deals. Possibly more.)
- Prophecy Girl, aka my favorite small geek fashion company, is currently offering 50% off your purchase of £10 or more with the code ‘BFCM18‘. I have their Itsa Kinda skirt, their Galactic Spy shirt, and several of their scarves and pins and love them all! Please check them out!
- Musterbrand probably needs no introduction at this point but you should probably take advantage of their up to 50% off Black Sale. This includes their Sith Apprentice cardigan, Vader sweater cape, and black Rey sweater. If you’re getting just one piece, my favorite is the Sith Apprentice cardigan. I’m tempted to get another except the Rey sweater in Black is staring me down and so is the Black Panther cardigan. They’re also offering 20% off your regularly priced purchase with the code ‘THANKS20’.
- Po-Zu is currently offer 40% off your entire purchase which is huge. Just use the code ‘BETHECHANGE‘ at check out through November 30th. If you’ve been waiting to get a pair of their Star Wars shoes, now is the time. I have their Falcon sneakers and Rey boots and love both.
- Her Universe is offering $12 tees, outerwear starting at $20, and 30% off everything else.
- HeroWithin has also hinted that they’ll be debuting some new pieces soon.
Disclaimers: The Po-Zu link included in this post is an affiliate link. It is not mine but rather that of my friend Kay who is wonderful and does some amazing work in the Geek Fashion realm. If you make a purchase through that link, she gets a small commission at no cost to you. Also, Musterbrand has previously provided me with some of their pieces but did not ask for a favorable review in return, just honest feedback. Two of those pieces are mentioned here.
Another month means that it’s time for another Favorite Four post! This month, we’ve got two pairs of sneakers and two shirts because apparently being symmetrical is the way to go? (I don’t know.)
- Po-Zu continues with the domination of the Star Wars sneaker world with Kylo Ren inspired shoes and honestly, I’m surprised that it took them this long to make a Ben inspired design.
- Jordandené teamed up with Sam Maggs for a rad new Fangirl Galaxy collection!
- You can get an Edna Mode blouse from Box Lunch. This is the best timeline.
- Everything’s coming up Carol! Check out these super incredible Captain Marvel inspired sneakers by Vans. Seriously: who would’ve thought ten years ago that these would have existed?
Entirely by accident, I turned around one day and realized that I had amassed a collection of Star Wars sneakers. Obviously, the only possible answer was to write up a post comparing and contrasting them. Because this is a geek fashion blog.
Stylistically, all three shoes bring something different to the table. Musterband’s Skywalker X-Wing sneakers are much flashier and eye-catching while the Sperry and Po-Zu offerings can fly under the radar a little better. I’ve mentioned before that I always get compliments when I wear the Musterbrand ones. That said, the design aspects of all three shoes are great. I wouldn’t have bought them if I didn’t think they looked cute. I love how the Sperry sneakers incorporate the Death Star wall motif on the back and how they introduce lime green into what’s usually a very drab color palette.
Comfort-wise… we’re dealing with two very different classifications. Po-Zu is known for how comfortable their shoes are supposed to be and the Falcon sneakers are no different although admittedly not quite as cushy as their Rey boots. There was no awkward break-in time involved. I’ve worn them all day twice in the week since I got them and had no issues. Likewise, the Musterbrand shoes are also fairly comfortable although they do get a little less comfortable later in the day. The Sperry shoes however… it’s not great. I found that they’re not terribly cushy inside and that the back cuts into the heel of my foot. Even with the addition of heel liners, they’re only shoes I can wear for a few hours at most which is a shame.
Bottom line? Musterbrand’s offering is eye catching and great, Po-Zu’s is incredibly comfortable and low key, and Sperry’s are… maybe pass on these.
Do you have a favorite pair of Star Wars sneakers? Share with us in the comments!
It’s a good month to be a geek! We’ve already gotten Avengers: Infinity War (okay, technically it came out last month), Deadpool 2 is this week, and Solo is next week! And with new film releases, come lots of new geek fashion products. Which works for us.
- It’s honestly taking everything I have not to order Musterbrand’s new Sith Apprentice cardigan in red. I love the black one that I have SO MUCH.
- We already tweeted about it but Po-Zu’s latest addition to their Star Wars line is a Luke Skywalker replica boot that can be worn two ways.
- I really want these Black Panther socks from Stance. Why must my feet be too small?!
- I’ve been a little iffy on ThinkGeek’s blazers but I have to admit that this Chewbacca one for men is actually pretty good. It’s the use of the bandoleer that works for me
Welcome back this month’s round up of my four favorite geek fashion things that I’ve stumbled upon over the last month and that I wanted to share with all of you!
- There seems to be no end in sight for Po-Zu’s Star Wars offerings. While I am fond of the Han Solo sneaker they recently announced, my favorite has to be this new Rey inspired boot.
- Everyone should strive to have as much style as Lando. ThinkGeek’s new replica cape is A++.
- Her Universe continues to expand their active wear offerings with these Infinity War inspired leggings at Torrid.
- Finally, Prophecy Girl has expanded into scarves! My favorite just might be this Padmé inspired print. It’s subtle but one you look at it more closely, you see all of the elements.