We first mentioned these a few months ago but have finally gotten a chance to do a shoot with the skirt! For Celebration 2015, Her Universe debuted two dresses featuring Cloud City and the Battle of Hoth. This fall, they collaborated with ModCloth to feature both as skirts in a similar cut to the lightsaber skirt but shorter. And, of course, because I had to get one because I’m me!
The skirt’s made of a silkier and lighter material than the original lightsaber skirt but I’m definitely a fan! It can be worn with or without a petticoat. (In the pictures, I’m wearing one.) I’ve worn it two or three times thus far and am definitely want to find more excuses to wear it.
Battle of Hoth Skirt: Her Universe for ModCloth
Spade Necklace/Earrings: kate spade
Nude heels: BCBG
If this skirt looks somewhat familiar… that’s because it totally is! Her Universe recently partnered with ModCloth to offer their Lightsaber skirt, Bespin Dress, and Hoth Dress in a revamped style. They’re now available as slightly shorter skirts in (if my Hoth skirt is any indication) in a more lightweight fabric. They hit a little above the knee instead of below. We’ll talk more about the skirts via a WAYW post at some point but for now… lightsaber skirt outfit!
It’s been a while since we’ve done a round up of some of the fashion finds that we’ve stumbled upon around the internet so this seemed like a good time to do so.
- ThinkGeek will be debuting a brand new Star Trek collection by Her Universe on Tuesday. Expect the collection to be a little different than what we’ve previously seen. Ashley’s already teased an adorable blazer. You can enter at the link above for the chance to win a $300 gift certificate to ThinkGeek
- In further ThinkGeek news, you can preorder items from the Mass Effect Capsule Collection now for delivery in mid-December. Bioware has consistently put out some awesome stuff for Mass Effect and this collection is no different. (I may have already preordered two pieces.)
- Her Universe has also now partnered with Mod Cloth! You can now buy skirt versions of their Hoth and Bespin dresses. The cut/style seems to be similar to the lightsaber skirt except shorter.
- Hamilton fans can now preorder a Elhoffer Design cardigan! Heads up though: this will likely ship in early January.
- Kohl’s is getting into the Rogue One spirit. So far, they have a super cute tank top available online but we’ve seen pictures from a few stores of a nice little line that will likely appeal to a lot of fan girls. Keep an eye on both your local stores and the online stores for the line.
- Hot Topic now has a new Rogue One wallet from Loungefly available online.
How many beautiful gifts did Spider-Verse leave behind for us? Let’s start with Spider-Gwen, and let’s hope this is a gift that keeps on giving. We love her modern minimalism, the pop of colour, and we’re gonna bring that out in a city girl kinda way.
We’re on the Sailor Moon Crystal watch this season and things are getting wild, and what better way to wait out those painful two weeks than to style salute one of our very faves. Whether Rei Hino’s young city schoolgirl or the geared up sailor style of her senshi self, we’re gonna get you made up.