Welcome back to another edition of Fav 4: four of our favorite geek fashion pieces that we’ve seen this month. Shocker: it’s Captain Marvel themed. Totally by accident though. Yeah, we can tell you that you totally believe us.
- In a blink-and-you-miss-them release, Adidas did a collaboration with Jen Bartel for a pair of fantastic Captain Marvel inspired sneakers. They are only available at Foot Locker and sold out almost instantly although we’ve heard talk of potential restock in the future.
- Kohl’s also released a whole slew of Captain Marvel inspired shirts for kids and adults alike. A standout is this t-shirt with the Hala star on it.
- You’ve probably seen Hero Within’s Carol Danvers Flight Jacket but we’re making sure you see it again because reasons.
- Carol wore a Nine Inch Nails t-shirt through much of the film and while you can get that shirt, why not go for the special collab one? (Seriously, who ever saw that coming?)
It’s that time of year again: sales. Lots and lots of sales. A lot of these are ones you really shouldn’t let pass you by and the chances of me purchasing something from most of these retailers is very, very high. (I can neither confirm nor deny that I’ve already pounced on at least one these deals. Possibly more.)
- Prophecy Girl, aka my favorite small geek fashion company, is currently offering 50% off your purchase of £10 or more with the code ‘BFCM18‘. I have their Itsa Kinda skirt, their Galactic Spy shirt, and several of their scarves and pins and love them all! Please check them out!
- Musterbrand probably needs no introduction at this point but you should probably take advantage of their up to 50% off Black Sale. This includes their Sith Apprentice cardigan, Vader sweater cape, and black Rey sweater. If you’re getting just one piece, my favorite is the Sith Apprentice cardigan. I’m tempted to get another except the Rey sweater in Black is staring me down and so is the Black Panther cardigan. They’re also offering 20% off your regularly priced purchase with the code ‘THANKS20’.
- Po-Zu is currently offer 40% off your entire purchase which is huge. Just use the code ‘BETHECHANGE‘ at check out through November 30th. If you’ve been waiting to get a pair of their Star Wars shoes, now is the time. I have their Falcon sneakers and Rey boots and love both.
- Her Universe is offering $12 tees, outerwear starting at $20, and 30% off everything else.
- HeroWithin has also hinted that they’ll be debuting some new pieces soon.
Disclaimers: The Po-Zu link included in this post is an affiliate link. It is not mine but rather that of my friend Kay who is wonderful and does some amazing work in the Geek Fashion realm. If you make a purchase through that link, she gets a small commission at no cost to you. Also, Musterbrand has previously provided me with some of their pieces but did not ask for a favorable review in return, just honest feedback. Two of those pieces are mentioned here.
New York Comic Con was very good to me on the fashion front this year. First and foremost because I was able to get this amazing Black Panther from Hero Within that I’ve been lusting after since I first saw them debut it as an exclusive for SDCC. Seriously, I was so excited when I realized they had the dress at NYCC and was even more thrilled when it fit me. It’s not only work appropriate but it also has pockets!
Black Panther Dress: Hero Within
Panther Claw Earrings: Rock Love Jewelry
Bracelet: Nine West
Black Patent Pumps: Coach
For sizing purposes, Bria is wearing a small and is about 5’6″-5’7″.
Welcome back to a special San Diego Comic-Con edition of our monthly Fav 4 and because SDCC was this weekend, I’m including 5 different collections. Listen, I can make whatever rules I want. There’s some really cool stuff in here so why limit us to four?
- Hero Within debuted a new Marvel collection along with some SDCC exclusive designs. I’m swooning over the Black Panther dress.
- Her Universe held their annual fashion show at SDCC. Kay over at Fangirl Blog has a great write up of it. There are some really neat designs.
- In further Her Universe news, they also launched a collection inspired by The Clone Wars, a Captain Marvel jacket, and some Doctor Who pieces. Some are already available online. I’m going to go mad if I can’t get my hands on the Padmé jacket soon.
- The winners of last year’s Her Universe fashion show designed a new Disney Princess collection. I’m strongly considering getting the Mulan vest.
- Finally, in non-SDCC news, Musterbrand has put up their Avengers inspired collection for preorder. I would like to buy almost all of it.
It’s a sign of how great Hero Within is that we’ve featured them twice within a year. (We just keep tripping and featuring men’s geek fashion…) On Monday, they announced their brand new Justice League Summer Collection including some fantastic button-down shirts and an even better denim Wonder Woman jacket. The collection is currently available for preorder with expected delivery in May. If you’re attending Wonder Con this weekend, they’ll have samples on hand for you to try on and see in person. You can shop their collection on the Hero Within site.
Also worth noting is the blog post their CEO Tony B Kim wrote in regards to the hate slung their way by some people because of the Wonder Woman jacket. Let’s all remember that geek fashion is for everybody and that everyone should be able to wear geek gear featuring their favorite characters regardless of gender. I most definitely applaud Tony Kim for confronting this hate head on and reaffirming that there’s nothing wrong with men wearing a Wonder Woman jacket.