Let’s just not talk about how I got this First Order stormtrooper sweater from Her Universe last year and then just… forgot to do an outfit post with it before it got too warm for sweaters, okay? Let’s all just appreciate the here and now.
Also it’s cold.
Stormtrooper Sweater: Her Universe
Leggings: Max Studio
Star Boots: The Fix
Silver Earrings: kate spade
It’s that time of year again: sales. Lots and lots of sales. A lot of these are ones you really shouldn’t let pass you by and the chances of me purchasing something from most of these retailers is very, very high. (I can neither confirm nor deny that I’ve already pounced on at least one these deals. Possibly more.)
- Prophecy Girl, aka my favorite small geek fashion company, is currently offering 50% off your purchase of £10 or more with the code ‘BFCM18‘. I have their Itsa Kinda skirt, their Galactic Spy shirt, and several of their scarves and pins and love them all! Please check them out!
- Musterbrand probably needs no introduction at this point but you should probably take advantage of their up to 50% off Black Sale. This includes their Sith Apprentice cardigan, Vader sweater cape, and black Rey sweater. If you’re getting just one piece, my favorite is the Sith Apprentice cardigan. I’m tempted to get another except the Rey sweater in Black is staring me down and so is the Black Panther cardigan. They’re also offering 20% off your regularly priced purchase with the code ‘THANKS20’.
- Po-Zu is currently offer 40% off your entire purchase which is huge. Just use the code ‘BETHECHANGE‘ at check out through November 30th. If you’ve been waiting to get a pair of their Star Wars shoes, now is the time. I have their Falcon sneakers and Rey boots and love both.
- Her Universe is offering $12 tees, outerwear starting at $20, and 30% off everything else.
- HeroWithin has also hinted that they’ll be debuting some new pieces soon.
Disclaimers: The Po-Zu link included in this post is an affiliate link. It is not mine but rather that of my friend Kay who is wonderful and does some amazing work in the Geek Fashion realm. If you make a purchase through that link, she gets a small commission at no cost to you. Also, Musterbrand has previously provided me with some of their pieces but did not ask for a favorable review in return, just honest feedback. Two of those pieces are mentioned here.
It’s time for this month Fav 4 and (waitforit) everything isn’t actually Star Wars for once! (Gasp! Shock!) Don’t worry: there’s at least one Star Wars thing in here.
- It’s entirely possible we talked about this awesome Rebel Jacket from Musterbrand before but now it’s finally available for preorder and will be shipping soon! Even better? It’s double sided and can let you more subtly rep for the Rebellion with grey. We’d like to note that the orange/grey color scheme makes it ideal for Rogue Squadron and Wraith Squadron fans. ;)
- The most oft repeated question heard around the internet after that Wreck-It Ralph footage was ‘Can we buy the princesses’ sleepwear?!’ Well now you can! Or at least some of them. I’m still holding on to hope for Mulan’s jacket.
- Doctor Who returned a few weeks ago and we’re already in love with Thirteen. Her Universe has been putting forth a bunch of designs inspired by the new Doctor but we particularly like this raglan which pays homage to her actual shirt but adds a twist to it.
- Someone tell us we can’t order this gorgeous Harry Potter inspired kimono from Black Milk Clothing. Because we wants it. But have no place to wear it. But it’s so pretty!
Turns out that I am, in fact, incapable of saying no to Mulan merchandise. I really don’t know where this street wear-ish style Bria came from but we’re just going to roll with it for now because I like being comfortable apparently. It’s okay: skinny pants and pencil skirt Bria will be back before you know it.
Mulan Vest: Hot Topic/Her Universe
Black Tank: Target
Black Cargo Pants: DKNY
Welcome back to a special San Diego Comic-Con edition of our monthly Fav 4 and because SDCC was this weekend, I’m including 5 different collections. Listen, I can make whatever rules I want. There’s some really cool stuff in here so why limit us to four?
- Hero Within debuted a new Marvel collection along with some SDCC exclusive designs. I’m swooning over the Black Panther dress.
- Her Universe held their annual fashion show at SDCC. Kay over at Fangirl Blog has a great write up of it. There are some really neat designs.
- In further Her Universe news, they also launched a collection inspired by The Clone Wars, a Captain Marvel jacket, and some Doctor Who pieces. Some are already available online. I’m going to go mad if I can’t get my hands on the Padmé jacket soon.
- The winners of last year’s Her Universe fashion show designed a new Disney Princess collection. I’m strongly considering getting the Mulan vest.
- Finally, in non-SDCC news, Musterbrand has put up their Avengers inspired collection for preorder. I would like to buy almost all of it.