I’d love to tell you that I planned on a Black Panther inspired outfit in honor of Black History Month but honestly, this was just a happy accident. This cardigan though… I LOVE THIS CARDIGAN. It’s heavier than either the Knights of Ren or Wasp one I own and keeps me rather warm.
And yes. This is indeed another one of those ‘Bria wore this to work’ outfits.
For sizing purposes, Bria is wearing a small.
New York Comic Con was very good to me on the fashion front this year. First and foremost because I was able to get this amazing Black Panther from Hero Within that I’ve been lusting after since I first saw them debut it as an exclusive for SDCC. Seriously, I was so excited when I realized they had the dress at NYCC and was even more thrilled when it fit me. It’s not only work appropriate but it also has pockets!
Black Panther Dress: Hero Within
Panther Claw Earrings: Rock Love Jewelry
Bracelet: Nine West
Black Patent Pumps: Coach
For sizing purposes, Bria is wearing a small and is about 5’6″-5’7″.
Welcome back to a special San Diego Comic-Con edition of our monthly Fav 4 and because SDCC was this weekend, I’m including 5 different collections. Listen, I can make whatever rules I want. There’s some really cool stuff in here so why limit us to four?
- Hero Within debuted a new Marvel collection along with some SDCC exclusive designs. I’m swooning over the Black Panther dress.
- Her Universe held their annual fashion show at SDCC. Kay over at Fangirl Blog has a great write up of it. There are some really neat designs.
- In further Her Universe news, they also launched a collection inspired by The Clone Wars, a Captain Marvel jacket, and some Doctor Who pieces. Some are already available online. I’m going to go mad if I can’t get my hands on the Padmé jacket soon.
- The winners of last year’s Her Universe fashion show designed a new Disney Princess collection. I’m strongly considering getting the Mulan vest.
- Finally, in non-SDCC news, Musterbrand has put up their Avengers inspired collection for preorder. I would like to buy almost all of it.
It’s a good month to be a geek! We’ve already gotten Avengers: Infinity War (okay, technically it came out last month), Deadpool 2 is this week, and Solo is next week! And with new film releases, come lots of new geek fashion products. Which works for us.
- It’s honestly taking everything I have not to order Musterbrand’s new Sith Apprentice cardigan in red. I love the black one that I have SO MUCH.
- We already tweeted about it but Po-Zu’s latest addition to their Star Wars line is a Luke Skywalker replica boot that can be worn two ways.
- I really want these Black Panther socks from Stance. Why must my feet be too small?!
- I’ve been a little iffy on ThinkGeek’s blazers but I have to admit that this Chewbacca one for men is actually pretty good. It’s the use of the bandoleer that works for me
- Box Lunch released a new line of Mulan themed items (timed with the Lunar New Year) and while they’re cute, my favorite of the bunch is definitely this mini backpack by Loungefly. The pattern is adorable!
- While Rock Love’s entire Black Panther jewelry line looks fantastic, my favorite piece is the talon earrings. Check out their entire collection though especially if you loved the film.
- Musterbrand is, as always, killing it with their Star Wars pieces and I couldn’t be more thrilled that they’re doing more Rebel pilot themed gear because Lin and I are both ride or die for the Rogues and Wraiths. (Be on the look out for an outfit post featuring the cape soon…) This sweater is a subtle nod to the flak vest but those who know will know. They’ve been teasing plenty of new designs on their social media recently so be sure to check those out.
- And finally, we’ve got one more Black Panther piece which really is only appropriate for the month. Her Universe’s Nakia inspired shirt is definitely the standout of their small line.