Just when you all thought I was an unrepentant dark side… SURPRISE IT’S A LIGHT SIDE OUTFIT!
As some of you might remember, I did an outfit with a dark side dress from Black Milk Clothing back in the fall. Handily enough, that dress was reversible and is essentially two-in-one and I honestly cannot decide which side I like better. Both prints were so incredibly well thought out.
Rebel Dress: Black Milk Clothing
Grey Cardigan: BCBG
X-wing necklace: ThinkGeek
Star Earrings: Coach
Blue Snakeskin Pumps: Nine West
Welcome back to our final Fav Four of the year! Hopefully you took advantage of all the sales last month because wow there were a lot of them! That hasn’t stopped retailers from releasing new geek fashion pieces though. Here are some of our favorites this month.
- We are Riverdale Trash (Choni 4 Ever) and I still can’t believe Black Milk Clothing is doing a collection for it. Cheryl is our forever queen.
- Her Universe released a collection inspired by Mary Poppins Returns via Torrid. This penguin sweater is super cute!
- I want to steal the Rebel Alliance patch off the back of this Her Universe denim Leia jacket SO BADLY.
- So that Rose inspired piece Musterbrand teased a few months back? It’s not a jacket, it’s a shirt dress! While shirt dresses aren’t necessarily my thing, I am 1) probably going to buy it anyways and 2) excited to see Musterbrand continue to branch out from sweaters and outerwear. I hope that more dresses are in their future.
The print on this dress is possibly my new favorite thing and let me tell you how bummed I am that I could only get it on one thing. We talked about Black Milk Clothing’s recent Star Wars collection in a past Fav 4 post and I ended up getting the reversible dress! I don’t now how often I’ll get to wear it but I’m in love with it.
Dark Side Skater Dress: Black Milk Clothing
Gold Jacket: Rock and Republic
Booties: Cole Haan
(Maybe I’ll even do an outfit post with the blue light side side one day…)
Weather’s cooling down which means that it’s sweatshirt season! I finally have a reason to swear this Slytherin one I impulse bought from Black Milk a few months ago on sale. Even more importantly, I have a chance to wear my brand new skirt from Prophecy Girl!
If you’re considering picking up one of Prophecy Girl’s skirts, I cannot recommend them enough. the fabric has a good weight to it and they swoosh nicely. Plus, it’s a fun print and invokes each Hogwarts House without hitting you over the head with it. Their sizing chart is accurate and I am wearing a small here.
Another month, another chance for us to post some of our favorite geek fashion finds from the last few weeks!
- Black Milk Clothing released their first Star Wars inspired collection in years. There are a few really neat pieces in there.
- Musterbrand continues to deliver with a really comfy looking Jedi inspired cardigan for men although it’s honestly tempting to get one myself now that fall is here.
- Continuing with menswear, ASOS has this very different and more geekily subtle Star Wars shirt available.
- Prophecy Girl recently branched out into skirts and dresses! Pictured here is one inspired by Luna Lovegood but she also has skirts appropriate for each of the Hogwarts Houses. You may see one make a cameo here some time soon… ;)