New York Comic Con was very good to me on the fashion front this year. First and foremost because I was able to get this amazing Black Panther from Hero Within that I’ve been lusting after since I first saw them debut it as an exclusive for SDCC. Seriously, I was so excited when I realized they had the dress at NYCC and was even more thrilled when it fit me. It’s not only work appropriate but it also has pockets!
Black Panther Dress: Hero Within
Panther Claw Earrings: Rock Love Jewelry
Bracelet: Nine West
Black Patent Pumps: Coach
For sizing purposes, Bria is wearing a small and is about 5’6″-5’7″.
Ever since I bought my first piece, one of my favorite days is a day when a package from Musterbrand is waiting for me at home. I’ve been very impatiently waiting to get my hands on a Musterbrand Marvel piece ever since they announced those designs were in the future and they definitely didn’t disappoint. Even though I’m more a black person than dark blue, this cardigan inspired by the Wasp immediately called to me. (As you may know… we stan hard for The Wasp around here.)
Wasp Cardigan: Musterbrand
Red Top: Calvin Klein
Grey Pants: Uniqlo
Grey Pumps: Nine West
For sizing reference, Bria is wearing a Size Small.
Welcome back to a special San Diego Comic-Con edition of our monthly Fav 4 and because SDCC was this weekend, I’m including 5 different collections. Listen, I can make whatever rules I want. There’s some really cool stuff in here so why limit us to four?
- Hero Within debuted a new Marvel collection along with some SDCC exclusive designs. I’m swooning over the Black Panther dress.
- Her Universe held their annual fashion show at SDCC. Kay over at Fangirl Blog has a great write up of it. There are some really neat designs.
- In further Her Universe news, they also launched a collection inspired by The Clone Wars, a Captain Marvel jacket, and some Doctor Who pieces. Some are already available online. I’m going to go mad if I can’t get my hands on the Padmé jacket soon.
- The winners of last year’s Her Universe fashion show designed a new Disney Princess collection. I’m strongly considering getting the Mulan vest.
- Finally, in non-SDCC news, Musterbrand has put up their Avengers inspired collection for preorder. I would like to buy almost all of it.
Sometimes, I get really bored in a meeting, stumble across a sale, and then buy a dress that’s not really my style but looks really comfortable. And then I buy it.
Time Stone Dress: Her Universe
Black Boots: Dr. Martens
It’s a good month to be a geek! We’ve already gotten Avengers: Infinity War (okay, technically it came out last month), Deadpool 2 is this week, and Solo is next week! And with new film releases, come lots of new geek fashion products. Which works for us.
- It’s honestly taking everything I have not to order Musterbrand’s new Sith Apprentice cardigan in red. I love the black one that I have SO MUCH.
- We already tweeted about it but Po-Zu’s latest addition to their Star Wars line is a Luke Skywalker replica boot that can be worn two ways.
- I really want these Black Panther socks from Stance. Why must my feet be too small?!
- I’ve been a little iffy on ThinkGeek’s blazers but I have to admit that this Chewbacca one for men is actually pretty good. It’s the use of the bandoleer that works for me