Welcome back to a special San Diego Comic-Con edition of our monthly Fav 4 and because SDCC was this weekend, I’m including 5 different collections. Listen, I can make whatever rules I want. There’s some really cool stuff in here so why limit us to four?
- Hero Within debuted a new Marvel collection along with some SDCC exclusive designs. I’m swooning over the Black Panther dress.
- Her Universe held their annual fashion show at SDCC. Kay over at Fangirl Blog has a great write up of it. There are some really neat designs.
- In further Her Universe news, they also launched a collection inspired by The Clone Wars, a Captain Marvel jacket, and some Doctor Who pieces. Some are already available online. I’m going to go mad if I can’t get my hands on the Padmé jacket soon.
- The winners of last year’s Her Universe fashion show designed a new Disney Princess collection. I’m strongly considering getting the Mulan vest.
- Finally, in non-SDCC news, Musterbrand has put up their Avengers inspired collection for preorder. I would like to buy almost all of it.
Another month means that it’s time for another Favorite Four post! This month, we’ve got two pairs of sneakers and two shirts because apparently being symmetrical is the way to go? (I don’t know.)
- Po-Zu continues with the domination of the Star Wars sneaker world with Kylo Ren inspired shoes and honestly, I’m surprised that it took them this long to make a Ben inspired design.
- Jordandené teamed up with Sam Maggs for a rad new Fangirl Galaxy collection!
- You can get an Edna Mode blouse from Box Lunch. This is the best timeline.
- Everything’s coming up Carol! Check out these super incredible Captain Marvel inspired sneakers by Vans. Seriously: who would’ve thought ten years ago that these would have existed?
Entirely by accident, I turned around one day and realized that I had amassed a collection of Star Wars sneakers. Obviously, the only possible answer was to write up a post comparing and contrasting them. Because this is a geek fashion blog.
Stylistically, all three shoes bring something different to the table. Musterband’s Skywalker X-Wing sneakers are much flashier and eye-catching while the Sperry and Po-Zu offerings can fly under the radar a little better. I’ve mentioned before that I always get compliments when I wear the Musterbrand ones. That said, the design aspects of all three shoes are great. I wouldn’t have bought them if I didn’t think they looked cute. I love how the Sperry sneakers incorporate the Death Star wall motif on the back and how they introduce lime green into what’s usually a very drab color palette.
Comfort-wise… we’re dealing with two very different classifications. Po-Zu is known for how comfortable their shoes are supposed to be and the Falcon sneakers are no different although admittedly not quite as cushy as their Rey boots. There was no awkward break-in time involved. I’ve worn them all day twice in the week since I got them and had no issues. Likewise, the Musterbrand shoes are also fairly comfortable although they do get a little less comfortable later in the day. The Sperry shoes however… it’s not great. I found that they’re not terribly cushy inside and that the back cuts into the heel of my foot. Even with the addition of heel liners, they’re only shoes I can wear for a few hours at most which is a shame.
Bottom line? Musterbrand’s offering is eye catching and great, Po-Zu’s is incredibly comfortable and low key, and Sperry’s are… maybe pass on these.
Do you have a favorite pair of Star Wars sneakers? Share with us in the comments!
It’s a good month to be a geek! We’ve already gotten Avengers: Infinity War (okay, technically it came out last month), Deadpool 2 is this week, and Solo is next week! And with new film releases, come lots of new geek fashion products. Which works for us.
- It’s honestly taking everything I have not to order Musterbrand’s new Sith Apprentice cardigan in red. I love the black one that I have SO MUCH.
- We already tweeted about it but Po-Zu’s latest addition to their Star Wars line is a Luke Skywalker replica boot that can be worn two ways.
- I really want these Black Panther socks from Stance. Why must my feet be too small?!
- I’ve been a little iffy on ThinkGeek’s blazers but I have to admit that this Chewbacca one for men is actually pretty good. It’s the use of the bandoleer that works for me
Welcome back this month’s round up of my four favorite geek fashion things that I’ve stumbled upon over the last month and that I wanted to share with all of you!
- There seems to be no end in sight for Po-Zu’s Star Wars offerings. While I am fond of the Han Solo sneaker they recently announced, my favorite has to be this new Rey inspired boot.
- Everyone should strive to have as much style as Lando. ThinkGeek’s new replica cape is A++.
- Her Universe continues to expand their active wear offerings with these Infinity War inspired leggings at Torrid.
- Finally, Prophecy Girl has expanded into scarves! My favorite just might be this Padmé inspired print. It’s subtle but one you look at it more closely, you see all of the elements.