Gooooood Morning, White Hot Roomers! (You should’ve said that like Robin Williams in Good Morning Vietnam.) Just like last year, we’re rounding up some of the deals we think be of interest to YOU, our wonderful readers. We’ll be updating this post as we find more deals over the next few days but in the mean time, be sure to check out the deals that we’ve found so far!
- Starting at 9pm Thursday, Her Universe will start their Holiday Sale which will include up to 60% off select items (they have not yet specified which.) All orders of $25+ will receive their free 2014 Holiday pin and they’re offering free shipping on orders of 4+ items. These offers run through December 15th. Make sure you don’t miss their adorable new holiday Star Wars, Doctor Who, and Marvel dresses!
- With the code ElfinSale, ThinkGeek currently offers 20% off orders of $40+, 25% off orders of $100+, and 30% off orders of $150+. The code is good through 11:59 Pacific Time on November 29th.
- Arda Wigs will offering 20% off all in-stock items with the code 20k14 running from midnight to midnight Central Time on December 1st.
- If digital comics are your thing, Dark Horse is offering 50% off all digital comics on Cyber Monday running from midnight to midnight Pacific Time. The deal requires at $20 cart minimum though.
- For all your sewing needs, check out JoAnn Fabric over the next few days. Currently, they’re offering free shipping on orders of $50+ or for just $1.99 with the code SleighBells331 AND 40% off all Singer Sewing Machines.
- If kate spade is your style, they’re having a surprise 75% off sale right now through Saturday.
Like I’ve said before, Dani Moonstar is one of my favorite Marvel characters and oh man was I excited to get to cosplay her at Dragon*Con this year! When I was doing my research into her Valkyrie looks, I noticed that she rarely wore the same version of the costume more than a few times. This was good because a) it gave me more artistic freedom with the different elements and b) it meant there was an easy way to cope with different climates. I could wear the leotard version for hot-as-heck summer cons or the full bodysuit version on colder days.
This worked out pretty well about a month ago when I went with some friends to local park to do some photoshoots. When my original costume plan fell through a few days before, this seemed like a great option. We all had a great time despite getting some weird looks from other park-goers and I had a ton of fun working with Jeremy.
Dani Moonstar (Valkyrie Variant): Bria
Photography by Jeremy Zeigler
(And yes, if anyone was wondering, my hair/braids are significantly shorter than they were in the previous pictures. My much needed hair cut was poorly timed.)
Can you tell we’re super hyped for this next phase into Marvel cinematic space? It’s with our hearts full of love for the Inhumans’ most royal sisters that brings our style today — Crystal’s joyful yellow hues with a bold contrast touch of black, stately femme made modern in Medusa’s sombre black and purple, and with a flash of red in the hair and a touch of royal gold to round it off.
Tis the season for new product announcements and Her Universe definitely delivered with their latest collection. They veered away from shirts and right into jewelry. Yesterday, they debuted a brand new collection featuring earrings, necklaces, a bracelet, and a ring inspired by the one and only Darth Vader. (These could definitely make a great present for those Imperials on your holiday lists…)
Check out the new Darth Vader (and Imperial!) jewelry pieces over at Her Universe or their previously released Artoo pieces if you’re feeling more Rebellious ;)
Laura Kinney’s had our hearts for years now (we’ll never stop loving NYX or the New Mutants) and the Death of Wolverine has brought her back to the front of our minds again. The convention season may have wrapped up for a bit but it’s never too early to start thinking about costume plans for next year or even to put a few ideas in the back of your head for the costume that you totally weren’t going to do for this con but OH WOULDN’T IT BE GREAT TO PULL TOGETHER A COSTUME IN THREE DAYS?
You’ve definitely got a few options here as Laura’s changed her look over the years with different variations so don’t feel too locked in if you can’t find something that matches the artwork exactly.
Leather-esque pants or leggings are your best bet here and thankfully, those are getting easier to find in stores. If you’re not quite as comfortable with the tight and leather, black cargo pants are also a good option!
Combat boots combat boots combat boots! (Come on, this was an obvious one!
Now you just need to find a few more things to finish the look. You’ll need a longish black wig if your hair doesn’t already work, black fingerless gloves, and a metallic circle belt. (If you’re feeling crafty, the belt is likely something you could make yourself and you could work in an X logo somewhere.)
You’re on your own for the claws though. Those you can’t really find in your closet.